Saturday, June 18, 2005

It's Sunday today, but it totally feels like Saturday because I had to go into work yesterday. I was one of the teachers doing the oral interviews for students applying to study abroad in Australia, South Africa or Korea. The poor students! Some of them were so nervous in the interviews, I thought they were going to throw up. Another girl practically started crying in the middle of the interview. I think it's so terrible how all this pressure is put on the students. It's kind of hard to tell how well a student speaks English if they are so nervous. I wonder if there isn't a better way to choose the students who go abroad. Anyway, it was a long day yesterday because after the oral interviews, we (the teachers) had a big long meeting to discuss each student and decide if we would recommend that they go on and have the Japanese interview. It was so hard choosing who should go to the next interview. However, I just want all the students who didn't pass the interview not to worry. There are lots of other programs for them to apply to. Don't give up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home