Sunday, June 05, 2005

We're famous! I went to Ritsumeikan University in Shiga yesterday to do a presentation about using blogs with ESL students. The presentation focused mostly on the blogs that I did with my students last year (www.kansaigaidai.blogspot.com), but we had a look at some of the blogs that my students have been doing this year too. Ritsumeikan University itself was really nice. It felt so refreshing to get out of the urban wastland that exisits between Kyoto and Osaka! The air itself even smelled better. Sometimes I can't believe how much pollution there is here in Hirakata. I think the people who live in Shiga are really lucky!

Anyway, I got to meet a lot of really cool teachers from all over Japan, and they seemed to like what we are doing with the blogs. It's exciting to think about how blogging is taking off all over the world, and me and my students are a big part of all of this! Hmmm, I wonder if this semester's students like blogging as much as my students did last semester. I can't believe how many students I have from last year that are still blogging. It's great!

3 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Azusa said...

Hi, Scott! I wanted to listen to your presentation about blog.
Actually, I like bloggig very much! Thank you for having blog in the class. I'll keep blogging after this semester!!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Uly said...

Yes, and I am one of the students who still blogs! I enjoy reading your new students blogs too. What did you talk about us at the presentation at Ritsumeiken? You met many imtelligent students! I hope that those people will read my blog some day.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Hi Scott and Scott's class (my class too!),

Your blog is so cool. I'm thinking of introducing blogging to future classes. Maybe I should start a babyblog for my daughter.

Long live blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home