Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Aichi Expo Rocks!

It's Tuesday, and I think I am finally recovering from my one day trip to Aichi Expo last Saturday. It was such a great day! I got up super early, and met my friends at Tsuruhashi Station in Osaka to take the 7:36 Kintetsu Train to Nagoya. I was so sleepy, but I was too excited to sleep on the train. In Nagoya, my friends and I took a shuttle bus to the Expo site. Once at Expo, there was so much to do that I didn't know where to begin. The first thing I did was talk to a robot lady. It was amazing. I asked her, in English, what she recommended I have for lunch, and she told me to eat Miso Udon! Maybe her English is better than some of my students (ha ha - just kidding!) Then, I went to have a look at some pavillions. The first pavillion I was was Cuba. It was really tiny, with no line up, but it was still kind of interesting. I also saw: Turkey, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Krygistan (all the stans), Saudi Arabia (I got a free music CD here). Basically, if there was no line up, I went into the pavillion! I also went to the UN too. The coolest thing was when I went to the Canadian Pavillion, I didn't have to wait in line! There was a one hour line up, but I got to skip it because I am Canadian. I went through the side entrance, and got a VIP tour of the Canadian Pavillion. I also got a pin too. It was so nice to see the Canadian Pavillion, I got really homesick! Everyone there was so friendly, and it was nice to chitchat with Canadians again. Some other pavillions that I went to were the electricity pavillion (we road around in a circus train), the transportation pavillion (it was a ferris wheel that was half inside, and half outside a building), and the JR Pavillion. The 3-D show in the JR Pavillion was really cool! It was like riding a train with no wheels at over 500 kms an hour! There was also a lot of cool food at the Expo too. I ate Miso Katsu and Kishimen because I wanted to try out traditional Nagoya food. I also got to eat Turkish Icecream. It was really chewy and weird, but I liked it. One of the best pavillions that I went to was the Japanese Pavillion. It was fascinating. I really recommend it to everyone, even if you are Japanese! Anyway, Expo was amazing, but I think I only saw about 25% of it. I came back that same day on the last Kintetsu Train at 9:30 pm, and I didn't get back to my apartment until about 1 am. I was so exhausted, but it was totally worth it. However, if you can, try and go for more than one day. Don't be crazy like me!

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Scott Douglas said...

Hey Kei, I couldn't see your blog, but you can make comments on any of my students blogs that you are interested in. That's what it's all about :-)

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Uly said...

that sounds more than 100%! awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home