Monday, July 18, 2005

It's a holiday today! I love long weekends. I haven't really done anything today, but yesterday I had an awesome day. I went to Tottori prefecture. My friend and I borrowed his Dad's car and we went to see the Tottori Sand Dunes. They were totally amazing. I felt like I was in the middle of the arabian desert or something After that, we went snorkling on the Japan Seaside. We snorkled along the coast through a lot of little islands, and I saw a lot of fish and other cool sea creatures. I was a bit freaked out at one point because we swam into an area that has a lot of jelly fish, but luckily none of them stung us. We also snorkled in some caves an a tunel along the coast. It was amazing. I wish we could have stayed on the Japan Seaside for a week, but we had to give the car back to my friend's dad. As a present to my friend's family we bought them a huge watermelon from Tottori prefecture and some shallots. They were really pleased, and they are going to lend us the car again next Sunday so that I can see as much of Japan as possible before I go. Stay tuned for the pictures of the Great Tottori Sand Dunes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home