Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I can't believe how soon this semester is going to be over! I guess time flies when you are having fun!

Holy cow, it rained a lot this past weekend. I'm leaving soon, so I am trying to visit all the places I think I should see before I go back to Canada. This last weekend was my weekend to go up Osaka Tower. It was really cool. There was a strange god at the top of the tower . . . Billiken. I'm not sure if he was a real god or not though. I thought maybe he might be a god just for the tourists. I wonder if people really pray to him. I did see lots of people throwing money into the box infront of him.



He's pretty scary looking, isn't he? Anyway, when I was up at the top of Osaka Tower, I saw a kind of park, and my friends told me it was Tennoji Zoo. I had never been there, so we all decided to go to the zoo after the tower. It was pouring with rain, but we still went. The animals looked a little bit sad in the rain, and I hated the cages that the monkeys were in. I felt really bad for them, because it was like a prison for monkeys, and they have never done anything wrong. I wish they could have had bigger cages. It's cruel. The penguins were okay though. They had a nice big enclosure, and they looked pretty happy swimming in their pool, but then again, I don't think it takes much to make a penguin happy . . .

Finally, I ate kushiage . . . it was so good. All you can eat for under 2000 yen! Yum!

2 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger CCoder said...

Poor monkeys... when i see them i think about humans 3.000.000 years ago... they're like our "fathers"...
And the penguins... well, the only happy penguin i know is Tux (linux penguin)...
I would be funny if we were inside zoo cages, and animals live out... I'm sure they'll treat us better than we do with them...

BTW, "Billiken" is the name of an argentinian magazine. Is a magazine desgined for elemetary school contents, it touches subjects as history, language, technology, natural sciences...

i found a wikipedia atricle about Billiken statue... you can read it here

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger daniel said...

scott!! did u come to shinsekai!? is osaka tower the tsutenkaku!? if so, u came so near my house!!! i can't believe it! u could've come to my part time job because it's so close to where u went!! it's a shame that i could've taken u to places around tennoji but i didn't...ne way,enjoy the rest of japan!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home