Thursday, May 05, 2005

Golden Week is over :-(

Here I am at my desk in my office. Golden Week is already over, and I am so exhausted from my holiday, that I need a holiday because of my holiday! I hope my students don't notice how exhausted I am today. Golden Week was a little bit weird this year, because I had to work for one day in the middle of it. Because of that, it was like I had two mini golden weeks, side by side. For the first half of Golden Week, I didn't really do much because I had to work on the Monday. However, I did go on an amazing hike on the borders of Hygo and Osaka Prefectures. I went hiking up a mountain called Myoken-san (I think). There was a really amazing kind of buddhist temple at the top. It was totally modern. The mountain itself was really beautiful, and hiking back down, I hiked beside a small stream that gradually because a river. It was so good to get back out into nature and smell some fresh air.

The second half of my Golden Week holiday was the exact opposite of my first half. Whereas in the first half, I enjoyed lots of nature and traditional Japanese culture, in my second half I went to Tokyo on the Shinkansen. I totally love the Shinkansen! It is so fast. I was in Tokyo in less than three hours. I stayed in Tokyo for two nights and three days. Tokyo is amazing. I saw so many cool things while I was there. I even went to the top of Tokyo Tower. I stayed in Shinjuku, but my favourite part of Tokyo was Harajuku. I really felt like I was in a world class city. I could feel myself coming alive with the coffee shops, restaurants and tree lined boulevards. One place I must recommend to everyone is a little french restaurant I found in Takadanobaba. It is called "La Dinette", and it was simply amazing. For only 2100 yen, you get a three course authentic French meal. I was in heaven! I started off with a smoked mackeral salad. Then, for my main course I had the should of lamb. Perfect! To finish it all off, I had a creme brulee. I think it was the best meal I have had in Japan (hmmm, except for maybe Kani Doraku, but that was A LOT more expensive). S i g h.

However, now the holiday is over, and it's back to reality. There are only two and a half months left this semester! Wow, where does the time go?

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Azusa said...

You had a wonderful GW! I know Myouken-San because I live in Hyogo pre.(:
And, I was very surprise to hear you're in Tokyo! I was, too to go to my favorite music band's lives!! I went there by bus. I stayed at Shinagawa, but went arond Shinjyuku. In front of the Shimokitazawa sta, there is good restaurant. The staff are very interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home